July 8, 2011

RIP 'Bu

So sometime in early to mid December I was driving home from visiting friends in SF and it was raining...I was on I-80 East in the leftmost lane when I recall traffic coming to a stop...not too suddenly but I recall having to put some pressure on my breaks to stop maybe 6 to 12 inches behind the SUV in front of me. Within seconds I was hit from behind. I think I was in disbelief for a few seconds, then I did a quick self-check to make sure I was okay. The airbags did not deploy, but the car behind me made me hit the car in front of me. I immediately call Wes and then the man in the car in front of me came up to me to make sure I was okay. I asked if he called police and he said no, so I did. Then I got out on the left side where there was no traffic and saw that there were in fact two cars behind me involved in addition to the one front of me. It was a small young girl in a big dodge truck, then a fancy SUV, then me in my Malibu Maxx and another SUV. Police came, told us to stay in our cars and when they determined that everyone was able to drive they lead us to a spot off the freeway (where Wes met me) to get all the info. Oddly enough the officer I talked to recognized my Academy jacket and asked if I worked there- I knew his sister, a former coworker! I was very shaken and very sad to see my car in such condition. To make a long story short the car was totaled and we bought a used Saturn View on December 31.



1 comment:

wesoates5 said...

miss the Maxx....The Vue is nice though...