January 26, 2010

Some Bad...Some Good

So our landlord raised the rent and our only choice was to get another roommate or move.
Roommate prospects don't look good (zero response actually) so we are moving.

This could not have come at a worse time with my new second job and wedding planning - but we power through it. I scheduled a LOT of appointments to look at places and already we have a front-runner - in HAYWARD! Yikes...I do NOT want that commute.

That's all I will say about this for now because the bad news gets worse.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from my old friend Sue's sister, Shira, titled "Urgent, Sue is in the hospital". This was a big shock because my dear friend Sue was not just having a mental breakdown, which has happened in the past, but this time it's cancer - and it's serious. Luckily she was at a hospital very close to my work, so I left work and went right over. See, her sister lives far away and could not come out and was having trouble reaching Sue's local friends. Sue was very glad to see me, but she was not remembering things and she was fasting for a surgery and cranky from the hunger. I was able to hold it together (barely) long enough to visit with her until she went in for the surgery, and I even held it together as I drive my carpool home, but I instantly lost it as soon as I had the privacy and calm moment to let it out. I didn't get to vent long before Wes and I had to go drop off a rental application so I was very cranky from having to hold in what I was feeling. I talk to my mom a bit on the phone and managed to make it back home without falling apart.

Here is me and Sue on my 23rd birthday:


It's tough to focus and get things done and feel "together" with this much going on...but I am trying. I woke up unusually early this morning and checked my e-mail. I was delighted to see a sneak peak of our engagement photos! I will leave you with that...



1 comment:

Michelle said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, I will keep her in my thoughts!

Your photos look great! My faves so far are the 1st and 3rd ones!