October 8, 2008

I Won!

As our search for a superfabulous roommate continues I was working hard with some of my coworkers on planning a big fun event for staff at work. It was yesterday. We had a "Guac-Off and Salsa Showdown" and I won for best Non-traditional salsa! Okay so someone else got the most votes, but they also got the award for best overall salsa, so they gave the beet non-traditional prize to me! Yay! Okay so there were only four entries, but my salsa was still better than two other people's. Here's what I did:

I don't really like salsa, mainly cause I dont like beans or avacados or pepper or onion. So I made a salsa I like.

I LOVE tomatos, so I chopped up some tomatos and put them in a colander to drain some of the liquid.

Then I (with the help of Wes) chopped up some fresh pineapple- same small size peices as the tomatoes.

Next I used my food processor for the first time and mixed up some fresh squeezed lime juice, cilantro, and fresh garlic cloves. I did a quick small sample of all this mixed together- added some salt and pepper- and viola! I had no sample tasters since my BF and RM both hate tomatoes and my downstairs neighbor wasnt into salsa ....So I mixed it all together and garnished with a little cilantro on top and hoped for the best.

It was good! Everyone liked the sweetness and citrus together. It was great with the chips!

Ole!

1 comment:

michelle said...

OK, that sounds sooo good! I will have to try it soon...wanna come to my house and make it?